Using MailRoute.net with Dynadot
I recently switched my hosting and a number of domain names to Dynadot with the intent of saving a few dollars, consolidating with one vendor, and moving somewhere that provided better support than my last two hosts (who shall remain nameless, but rhyme with Screamghost and RunAndRun).
I’ve been using Mailroute.net for spam filtering and some other e-mail related functions and want to continue to do so. After a bit of trial-and-error and a few exchanges with Dynadot’s support staff, I found that this configuration works as intended:
- Log into Mailroute.net and navitage to All Domains -> Delivery & MailServers -> Inbound Servers
- Delete any existing MailServer entries (with the red ‘x’ on the right)
- Click ‘Add Mail Server’, and enter mail.yourdomain.com, and a priority of 0, where you need to use the actual domain name hosted at Dynadot. In my case, it was mail.hembach.com
- Log into Dynadot.com and navigate to Your Account -> Summary
- Click on the cPanel login at the bottom of the page, under ‘Dynadot Hosting’, and log in to cPanel
- In the ‘Mail’ section, click on ‘MX Entry’
- Select the domain name that’s associated with the e-mail accounts you want to filter
- Delete any existing MX Records
- Add a new record with priority 0 and destination mail.mailroute.net
That’s it. Enjoy freedom from spam.